Monday, March 21, 2011

Bye-Bye Spring Break




Well, Spring Break went pretty fast. It seems things are happening just as fast in the Middle East. Most of the attention is now in Libya on the western boarder of Egypt.

Things in Egypt have actually calmed down a bit and the Egyptian people are looking forward to elections in August. Wow! What an exciting time to be there.

My travel plans, however, will begin in Turkey and take me through Syria and Jordan to Egypt. While Libya is getting most of the attention, Syria has also become a bit uneasy as protests in the town of Daraa have escalated with the death of five protesters.

http://en.trend.az/regions/met/arabicr/1848474.html

What are some questions you would ask of a high school student in Syria?

In the meantime, I’m still uncertain if I will be able to complete my travels this summer as they are currently planned so, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment